- Former contributing Writer for TravelGolf.com
- Pro to the question "Is Golf a Sport?"
“[I]f you believe a sport requires eye-hand coordination, intense focus, stamina and a cut-throat sense of competition, you cannot help but call golf a sport.
The hardest of them. If it isn’t difficult, then why do so many, even the pros, have such a devil of a time hitting a ball straight that isn’t moving? The last time I looked, golf doesn’t throw high and tight sliders at you…
Golf is much more physical than, say, softball or bowling, and you never hear those sports’ legitimacy being questioned. Or at least you hear them questioned less often.”
“Golf Isn’t Just a ‘Sport,’ It’s the Hardest of Them,” TravelGolf.com, July 11, 2010
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former Golf Insider, Florida Live, visitflorida.com
- Former contributing writer, TravelGolf.com
- Former contributor, WorldGolf.com
- Former foreign correspondent, Associated Press
- None found
- Twitter handle: @GolfingFlorida
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Golf a Sport?