- Golf blogger
- Pro to the question "Is Golf a Sport?"
“While I can’t deny the argument that golf doesn’t demand the same strength and power required in other sports such as basketball and football, it does require athleticism…
It’s called being able to consistently swing a club with the same motion and tempo. And it’s not as easy as it may look.
There’s also a little something called endurance. Even an athletic person will tire after playing and walking 18 holes. Try carrying your own bag around a hilly course in 90-degree heat. Or repeating the same swing all day, and with accuracy. Then get back to me about golf not requiring any kind of athletic ability.
Most professional golfers are in great shape. They do work out. Golf calls for tremendous coordination, stamina and strength, albeit a different kind. Call it whatever you want — a sport, game or hobby. It doesn’t matter. In my opinion, Old Man [Tom] Watson’s epic performance [at the 2009 British Open] further validated why golf is the best sport ever.”
“Is Golf a “Real” Sport?,” Huffington Post, July 22, 2009
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Golf blogger, WeiUnderPar.com
- President, Stephanie Wei, LLC
- Contributor, Sports Illustrated Golf Plus, Dec. 2010-present
- Freelance contributor, Wall Street Journal, July 2010-present
- Contributor, Huffington Post
- Named one of “The Top 25 Sports Bloggers, Writers, And Tweeters,” Mediaite.com, 2012
- Social Media/Marketing Producer, PUMA Golf, Sep. 2009-Sep. 2010
- Former contributor, TheBigLead.com
- BA, History, Yale University, 2005
- Played for the Yale women’s golf team
- Named to the Academic All-Ivy Team in 2003 and 2004
- National Academic All-American in 2003
- Received All-Ivy League honors in 2002, 2003 and 2004, and was selected by the NCAA to represent Yale at the 2003 NCAA National Leadership Conference.
- Worked at a law firm and an investment bank after graduating from college.
- Twitter handle: @StephanieWei
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Golf a Sport?