- 19th and 20th century American humorist, writer, and illustrator
- Con to the question "Is Golf a Sport?"
“Golf is not a sport. Golf is something between a vice and an obsession lacking withal the elegance of the one, the imagination of the other, and the amenability to treatment of both.”
“The Sport of the Masses,” Harper’s Weekly, Aug. 6, 1913
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former American humorist, writer, and illustrator
- Contributor, The Mentor, Life, Harper’s Weekly, The Century Magazine, and Ladies’ Home Journal
- None found
- Born in 1863 and died in 1935
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Golf a Sport?