- Medical Director at the Denver Center for Health & Sport Science
- Pro to the question "Is Golf a Sport?"
“There are a lot of ways to define a sport. But we know that the golf swing uses almost every muscle group in the body. We know it uses a pretty significant amount of energy — not as much as running a 10K but more than people think. And one significant measure of a sport is whether physical training improves your ability to perform, and I think that’s been proven in golf.
So in my estimation, it’s absolutely a sport.”
Bill Pennington, “A Little Scientific Research for All Those 19th-Hole Debates,” nytimes.com, Aug. 10, 2010
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to sport. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to sports.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Medical Director, Colorado Center for Health & Sport Science
- Former Medical Director, Denver Center for Health & Sport Science, Rose Medical Center
- Exercise physiologist and director of education, Pro-Rehab & Fitness Center
- President, Energy Zone
- Book review editor and columnist, Fitness Management Magazine
- Level 200 certified ski coach, US Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA)
- Golf conditioning consultant, University of Colorado and University of Louisville
- Former consultant, Denver Broncos
- Former consultant, Vail Ski School
- Former Program Director, Denver Center for Health & Sport Science, Rose Medical Center
- Former editor and a member, certification committee, American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Former editor and a member, certification committee, ACE: Clinical Exercise Specialist (ACE)
- Former member, certification committee, National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Former State Director, Colorado NSCA
- Recipient, State Director of the Year award, NSCA
- PhD, school unknown
- Contact Info:
- 303-596-6519, Colorado Center for Health & Sport Science
- Colorado Center for Health & Sport Science profile
- Holds advanced certifications from the American Council on Exercise, American College of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, US Weight Lifting Federation, and Pilates Method Alliance
- Has presented at international fitness and sports science events
- Has trained NFL, NHL, MLB, and Olympic athletes
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Is Golf a Sport?